Wednesday, March 16, 2011

BREAKING NEWS: NATE DOGG DIES AT 41



(AllHipHop News) A number of rappers have taken to Twitter to express their condolences for legendary West coast singer Nathaniel "Nate Dogg" Hale, who died yesterday evening (March 15th).

While the cause of Nate Dogg's death is still not known, the singer suffered multiple strokes over the years.

His health began to deteriorate shortly after his first stroke in 2007, which left him wheel chair bound and later, bed ridden after a second stroke in 2008.

Throughout his career, Nate Dogg always worked with the top Hip-Hop stars on the planet.

His silky smooth voice was first heard by Dr. Dre, who quickly signed Nate Dogg and featured the singer on the breakthrough 1991 album, The Chronic.

Dogg Pound group member Kurupt reminisced over Nate Dogg earlier this morning.

"S/o [shout out] ta my bigg bro. Nate mothafuccin dogg," Kurupt tweeted. "There's only 1 ambassador of tha west coast. Ya hea me. I luv u cuzz."

Nate Dogg worked with rapper 50 Cent on his massive hit single "21 Questions," which helped 50 Cent's debut album Get Rich or Die Tryin sell over 8 million copies, making it the fourth best-selling Hip-Hop album of all time.

"I just landed nate dog is dead damn. GOD BLESS HIM R.I.P he meant a lot to west coast hiphop. I've always been a fan of it," 50 Cent tweeted. "I wrote the chorus to 21 questions I needed nate to sing it for me. He had a way of making everything feel hard."

Former G-Unit member and West Coast vet Game worked with Nate Dogg on tracks like "Ol English" from The Doctors Advocate and "Where I'm From" from the album The Documentary.

The Game shed tears over Nate Dogg's passing.

"R.I.P. Nate Dogg. Why does it take Death to remind us about the importance of life ???" Game tweeted this morning. "I lost a friend. Been here before. Tears. Memories. One day someone will lose "US" as well. LIVING until that day comes is our only option."

Jermaine Dupri, who recorded the track "Ballin' Outta Control" with Nate Dogg also had some words for his former collaborator.

"RIP Nate dogg, this is f**king terrible!! my prayers go out to the Pound and his family," Jermaine Dupri stated.

Actor Bow Wow, who was produced by Jermaine Dupri, was discovered by Snoop Dogg in 1993.

"I had the pleasure to be around him in my younger days when i was running with Snoop & The Dogg Pound in 93 #WestcoastLegend," Bow Wow stated.

Xzibit worked with Nate Dogg on tracks like "Multiply," and the club classic, "B**ch Please" featuring Snoop Dogg.

"We lost a solider, a father, a legend, a homie. My condolences go out to Ms. Ruth and the entire family. Celebrate #NateDogg," Xzibit tweeted.

Nate Dogg also helped power Ludacris' 2001 album Word of Mouf to platinum status, behind the hit single "Area Codes."

"There is a certain void in hip hop's heart that can never be filled," Ludacris tweeted. "Glad we got to make history together."

No comments: